Plum Pudding I
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 567 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 2 quart souffle or casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl combine the citron, prunes, raisins and pecans. Stir in the flour and toss so that everything is coated with flour.
- To the butter mixture add the fruit and nut mixture along with the bread crumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Mix well and transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until well browned.
Per Serving: 567 calories; 26.5 g fat; 76.7 g carbohydrates; 10.2 g protein; 170 mg cholesterol; 328 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
An excellent base recipe for an authentic tasting plum pudding. I used brown sugar instead of white and moistened the mix with molassas and Guinness stout.
I think it's a wonderful Christmas pudding. My friends loved it so much!
Delicious! Walnut in place of pecans also taste great, as do candied cherries instead of candied citron. I thought I'd just try this out this Christmas; this may become a must-have for every Chr...