Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 490 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place kale in a large bowl. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over kale and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Massage oil and salt into kale until evenly coated, adding more oil or salt if needed.
- Mash garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt together using a mortar and pestle until it forms a paste; add 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil and mix well. Spoon garlic mixture over kale.
- Crush walnuts using the mortar and pestle until a granular texture forms; add to kale mixture. Pour lemon juice into mortar to loosen any remaining walnut and garlic pieces and pour over kale mixture. Mix kale mixture together using your hands until evenly mixed.
- Mix wild rice, apples, dried cranberries, Italian cheese blend, sesame seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, and bread crumbs into kale mixture using your hands until salad is evenly combined. Transfer salad to serving bowls and top with blue cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- If you really love your greens, add some torn spinach or lettuce right before serving as they won't hold up well to massaging.
- Mince the garlic with the salt if you don't have a mortal and pestle.
- Substitute 1/2 cup cubed toast for the bread crumbs, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 490 calories; 33 g fat; 42.1 g carbohydrates; 14.5 g protein; 7 mg cholesterol; 252 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was fun. I left out the breadcrumbs and the cheeses (personal preference). I used brown rice and red quinoa and avocado oil. This tasted really good and I will be making variations of this...