Ingredients3 h 20 m servings 503 cals
- Whisk soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, green onions, lemon juice, sesame seeds, ginger, and garlic together in a bowl until marinade is smooth.
- Thinly slice steak with the grain into 1/4-inch thick pieces. Thread steak slices onto skewers and place in a flat plastic or glass container. Pour marinade over skewers. Cover container with plastic wrap, and refrigerate, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Flip skewers and continue marinating in the refrigerator, 1 1/2 to 2 hours more.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove skewers from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Cook steak skewers on the preheated grill until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you are using thin wooden skewers, soak them for 20 to 30 minutes.
- To get the maximum amount of juice, apply light pressure as you roll a room-temperature lemon on the counter before cutting it open.
- Partially freezing the steak tends to make it much easier to slice.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 503 calories; 29.9 g fat; 19.8 g carbohydrates; 40.3 g protein; 69 mg cholesterol; 2221 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Very good - some even make it into the house for the rest of the family ;)
The family wasn't too crazy over this recipe. I will admit that I made these indoors in a cast iron skillet so that could be the difference.