Ingredients3 h 50 m servings 243 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Beat cake mix, water, eggs, and oil together in a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds; increase speed to medium and beat until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes more. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 12 to 17 minutes. Cool cupcakes in the tin for 5 minutes.
- Stir strawberry jam in a bowl until it reaches a smooth and spreadable texture. Spread a thin layer of jam onto each cupcake. Refrigerate cupcakes until jam has set into the cake, 3 hours to overnight.
- Mix strawberries, white sugar, and lemon juice together in a bowl until evenly combined; refrigerate until strawberries are slightly broken down, at least 3 hours.
- Beat cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form and whipped cream is light and fluffy.
- Top each cupcake with 3 or 4 slices strawberry and about 2 tablespoons whipped cream.
- Cook's Notes:
- Be sure to not overbake the cupcakes.
- The cupcakes can be prepped the day ahead, as well as the macerated berries, but not the whipped cream. Prepare the whipped cream no later than 2 hours before serving cupcakes.
- Be sure the beaters, bowl, and cream are all very cold or the cream will not whip. If you prefer a sweeter whipped cream, add more sugar, though the berries should be sweet on their own.
- Editor's Note:
- The instructions for the cupcakes is according to Betty Crocker® cake mix. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 243 calories; 15.1 g fat; 25.3 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 158 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Such a great Cupcake for summer! I used a personal vanilla cupcake recipe instead of a box mix..and these turned out great! I made 12..half with the strawberry jam, and half without..i preferred...
Easy and delicious. Only thing I did was put fresh, finely chopped strawberries in the batter