Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 285
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place carrots in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 1 tablespoon water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; poke holes in wrap to vent. Microwave on High for 1 minute. Drain.
- Combine chicken, rice and contents of seasoning packet, carrots, mushrooms, onion, peas, and spinach in a bowl. Stir in broth and soup. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake until hot and bubbling, about 45 more minutes. Top with shredded cheese just before casserole is done.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use frozen peas & carrots and skip the microwave step. Actually, you can use any veggies your family likes broccoli and zucchini would both work great!
Per Serving: 285 calories; 9.6 25 23.2 57 851 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This was so good! My end product was pretty soupy though. Next time, I will cook the rice and veggies first, then I'll combine everything and baked until the cheese is bubbly. I added some extra...
My kids loved this dish! They asked for me to make it every night. It's a winner in our home. The recipe has some great ingredients but I made some modifications that I think improved the fin...
This recipe is a winner! I made a few changes (because I can't seem to just follow a recipe as is): I added 2 cans of low sodium chicken broth and an extra cup of brown rice. I also threw in a T...
this is one of my favorite recipes was so yummy loved the spinach next time i'll make it with broccoli, great recipe!