Mauigirl's Loco Moco
Ingredients30 m servings 451
- Prepare jasmine rice as directed on package.
- Prepare brown gravy mix as directed on package and keep warm.
- Divide ground beef into 4 servings and shape into patties.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. Push onions to sides of skillet. Place burger patties in center of skillet. Pan fry until cooked throughout, about 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
- Spray a separate skillet with non-stick cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Cook eggs until set, and turn.
- Divide hot cooked rice into mounds on four plates. Sprinkle each mound with 1/4 of sauteed onions. Place 1 beef patty over each stack. Ladle gravy over ground beef patty. Place 1 over-easy egg over each patty/gravy. Enjoy!
- Cook's Note:
- Substituting Spam for ground beef is popular in the islands. The big eaters in our family ask for two eggs!
Per Serving: 451 calories; 22.8 29.6 28.8 252 341 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
Made as written except that I thought I had a package of the jasmine rice but I was wrong. The hamburgers were already in the skillet so I substituted a pouch of the Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Basma...
My family absolutely LOVED this recipe! :) It will be in out rotation of meals :) Thank you for sharing. I cooked this recipe almost exactly as instructed. I did add pepper and salt to the meat ...
This was so quick which I love! I did make with turkey instead of beef but I am sure that wouldn't change how I liked it. Great quick meal for a late night.
Nice simple meal. Loved it, made exactly as written and it’s a great comfort food.
Super easy! My sister showed me a picture of Loco Moco, so I had to try making it. Thanks for the recipe. Added my own little flair, as always. Will soon become a family favorite! :-)
The only flaw in this recipe is how many dishes it generates. Otherwise I would probably make this multiple times a week. Cheap, fast, filling, and delicious.