Mauigirl's Loco Moco
Ingredients30 m servings 451 cals
- Prepare jasmine rice as directed on package.
- Prepare brown gravy mix as directed on package and keep warm.
- Divide ground beef into 4 servings and shape into patties.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. Push onions to sides of skillet. Place burger patties in center of skillet. Pan fry until cooked throughout, about 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
- Spray a separate skillet with non-stick cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Cook eggs until set, and turn.
- Divide hot cooked rice into mounds on four plates. Sprinkle each mound with 1/4 of sauteed onions. Place 1 beef patty over each stack. Ladle gravy over ground beef patty. Place 1 over-easy egg over each patty/gravy. Enjoy!
- Cook's Note:
- Substituting Spam for ground beef is popular in the islands. The big eaters in our family ask for two eggs!
Per Serving: 451 calories; 22.8 g fat; 29.6 g carbohydrates; 28.8 g protein; 252 mg cholesterol; 341 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
My family absolutely LOVED this recipe! :) It will be in out rotation of meals :) Thank you for sharing. I cooked this recipe almost exactly as instructed. I did add pepper and salt to the meat ...
Made as written except that I thought I had a package of the jasmine rice but I was wrong. The hamburgers were already in the skillet so I substituted a pouch of the Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Basma...
This was so quick which I love! I did make with turkey instead of beef but I am sure that wouldn't change how I liked it. Great quick meal for a late night.
Super easy! My sister showed me a picture of Loco Moco, so I had to try making it. Thanks for the recipe. Added my own little flair, as always. Will soon become a family favorite! :-)
The only flaw in this recipe is how many dishes it generates. Otherwise I would probably make this multiple times a week. Cheap, fast, filling, and delicious.
I really enjoyed this it was delicious. although as I made it I wasn't sure about how it would taste, it seemed an odd combination of ingredients. However it was amazing. Thank you for the recip...
This is Amazing!! Crazy to think such simple ingredients could be so good. Easy to make , very filling, and cheap! Broken down it comes out to less than $3 a serving. Thanks for a new great re...
Oh man did we love this! This is a great change from the normal routine. I wouldn't have thought it was be as great as it tasted. The onions, rice, gravy, and beef are amazing together! I did ad...