Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 112
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 rice balls)
- Cook rice according to package directions. Allow to cool until comfortable to handle.
- Stir in one egg, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix until well blended.
- Place flour in a small bowl. Beat 2 eggs in a second bowl. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Divide rice mixture into 24 equal portions about the size of a golf ball. Roll each portion into a ball. Roll rice ball in flour. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (Mix will be sticky.)
- Dip each rice ball into the egg wash. Dredge in bread crumbs, and place rice balls back on baking sheet. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Give each rice ball another quick roll in your hands to tighten up and smooth out the surface.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F in a large sauce pan.
- Cook rice balls in the hot oil in batches, about 4 per batch. Gently stir with spoon. Cook until rice balls are golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper-towel-lined plate or baking sheet. Salt lightly.
- Serve hot with heated marinara sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- UNCLE BEN'S® Rice comes in many flavors and varieties to choose from. The brown rice varieties work best for me. Fresh mozzarella is highly recommended here as it is softer in texture and rolls well. Packaged, shredded mozzarella does not blend or melt as well and will yield different results.
Per Serving: 112 calories; 5.7 11.8 3.5 26 182 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made two slight changes. I wanted to use up some Italian cheeses I had on hand so I probably added a little more cheese than was required in the recipe. The mixture was very soft, so I dropp...