Holiday Rice Pudding
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 352
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Steep the tea bags until tea is strong, about 5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the rice; cook and stir until grains are coated and begin to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tea water. Raise heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and cook on low until most of liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Stir in milk, sugar, rum, raisins, cranberries, and pineapple. Cover; return to stove and cook over low heat until mixture is thickened and silky, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dishes and dust with cinnamon or cardamom.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Instant rice will not work in this recipe.
- You can substitute chai tea for Earl Grey tea. Or substitute your favorite dried fruits. Or use vanilla extract for the rum.
Per Serving: 352 calories; 4.5 70.6 7 15 274 Full nutrition