Gluten-Free Coconut Flour Shortbread Cookies
King Arthur Flour
Ingredients23 m servings 42
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment.
- Mix all the ingredients, by hand or mixer, until a well-blended, cohesive dough forms; this will take about 2 minutes at medium-low speed in a stand mixer.
- Drop the cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet (a teaspoon cookie scoop works well here), leaving 1 inch between them; these cookies won't spread much when they bake.
- Use a fork to flatten each cookie to about 1/4 inch thick, making a cross-hatch design.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 12 minutes, until just browned on the bottom. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet.
Per Serving: 42 calories; 2.6 4.5 0.6 14 31 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 24
I made these cookies first using coconut oil in place of butter; next following recipe exactly, using butter. They are both good. But if you are looking for a shortbread type cookie don't chan...
Wow! Didn't crumble and fall apart like a lot of gluten free baking does. Very subtle flavor but I really liked these cookies. I used vanilla instead of coconut flavoring. Can't wait to try them...
I made these following the recipe exactly. I used Sprouts brand organic coconut flour and Bob's Red Mill all purpose flour (made with garbanzo and fava flours). They came out quite tasty, and no...
Very tasty! I added a dash of vanilla, and I used coconut sugar instead of regular sugar. Delicious, easy and gluten free!
Tried it and loved it! Added a little bit of vanilla extract and it was delish.
I used coconut and almond flour instead of the gluten free flour.... I made them into thumb prints with jelly in the middle SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD
I wasn't sure how these would turn out. Pulling a all-nighter doing class work and the infamous sweet tooth kicked in. I used almond flour in place of gluten-free flour. I put a tbsp of unswee...
This recipe is definitely a keeper. Like several other cooks, I added vanilla rather than coconut extract (1/2 tsp), substituted coconut sugar for the white sugar, and used coconut oil rather...