Almond Tea Cakes from King Arthur Flour®
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 123 cals
Original recipe yields 28 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease the cups of a mini-muffin pan.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan set over medium heat. Swirl the butter in the pan and continue to cook until it turns golden and smells nutty.
- Pour the browned butter into a heat-safe bowl, and let it cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the almond flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt.
- Mix in the egg whites, honey, almond extract, and browned butter.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups (a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here). Top each cake with a fresh berry or two (or a dollop of jam).
- Bake the cakes for 15 to 18 minutes, until they're golden brown around the edge and firm to the touch in the middle.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and cool them in the pan for 5 minutes before turning them out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
Per Serving: 123 calories; 7.8 g fat; 11.8 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 13 mg cholesterol; 53 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1