Baked Eggs, Grandma-Style
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 199
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend and mozzarella cheese in the prepared baking dish.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and green onions until mushrooms are golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Add spinach and tomatoes; saute just until spinach wilts, 3 to 5 minutes. Spoon vegetable mixture over cheese mixture.
- Whisk eggs, half-and-half, mustard, marjoram, tarragon, and black pepper together in a bowl; pour over vegetable mixture. Dot remaining butter on the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Can also add cooked meat (ham, sausage, or bacon) to sauteed vegetables if desired.
- Dijon mustard can be substituted for the yellow mustard, if desired.
- Use cream in place of half-and-half for fluffier eggs.
Per Serving: 199 calories; 15.5 3.7 12.2 218 232 Full nutrition