Whole30® Baked Eggs in Marinara Sauce
Ingredients40 m servings 126 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat water in a kettle or pot until it begins to steam; remove from heat. Pour 1 cup steaming water into the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Spoon 1/4 cup marinara sauce into each ramekin. Crack 1 egg over marinara in each ramekin. Arrange ramekins in the water in the casserole dish. Fill casserole dish with enough water to reach the midpoint of each ramekin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until yolks are firm, about 25 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- The number of servings depends on the number of ramekins you have available and the amount of space in your baking dish. I think 4 is reasonable without overcrowding. I do not know if this would work with more than one baking dish full of ramekins at a time or how this might impact overall cook time.
- For less firm eggs, cook for only 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 126 calories; 6.7 g fat; 9 g carbohydrates; 7.4 g protein; 187 mg cholesterol; 328 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
So simple why change anything? These were as good as they sounded and looked like the picture without the garnish. I only made two and used an 8 x 8 dish to hold the ramekins. I think I neede...
Can it get any easier than this?! So, so good, of course depending on the quality of sauce you use (I used Mezzetta Napa Valley Homestyle Marinara). I love that you can stick these in the oven, ...