Southern Sweet Grilled Pork Chops
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 269 cals
- Whisk barbeque sauce, apple butter, brown sugar, black pepper, and garlic together in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until sugar dissolves, about 30 seconds. Stir until sauce is smooth.
- Place pork chops on a plate and pour sauce over chops. Refrigerate for flavors to soak into pork chops, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook pork chops on grill until cooked through, about 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Cook's Note:
- I use apple butter made with maple syrup for the added flavor. You can adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Refrigerating the pork chops with the sauce before cooking is optional.
Per Serving: 269 calories; 7.6 g fat; 36 g carbohydrates; 13.7 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 488 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I prepared as written with 1/4c honey bbq sauce and 1/4c spicy bbq sauce. I baked it in the oven at 425 for 10min on each side. These turned out great! Very good flavor!
Very easy to make...the sauce glazes to the pork chops and it's great. My kids loved the sweet aspect to the sauce and devoured the pork chops.
Absolutely delicious. I bought a pork loin and brined using Baking Nana's brine recipe and then sliced to about 1" thick and froze until ready to use. Thawed the pork and followed the recipe as ...
Fantastic!! Guests loved it! I used pear butter instead of apple butter and it turned out really good!
I didn't have any apple butter so I substituted applesauce. I also let these marinate overnite. Very tender and delicious!
Make sure grill is not too hot so sauce soaks in rather than burning. Delicious!
Pretty darn good chops! I used my favorite BBQ sauce, Sticky Fingers Memphis, my own homemade apple butter, and boneless pork chops. Marinated them for more than two hours and my husband grill...