Ingredients5 m servings 187 cals
- Combine milk, matcha green tea powder, ice, and vanilla syrup, respectively in a blender; blend to desired consistency. Serve with whipped cream on top.
- Cook's Notes:
- Adjust the thickness of the frappe by increasing or decreasing the amount of ice according to your tastes. I like thick icy drinks.
- Please don't use contents of green tea tea bags, it's a whole different taste than matcha.
- You can substitute almond milk, rice milk, or soy milk for the milk. I notice almond milks leaves a distinct after taste.
- This recipe is versatile in its ingredient amounts, you can add more ice it you want it thicker, more matcha green tea powder if you want it thicker, or more vanilla syrup if its not sweet enough.
Per Serving: 187 calories; 5.5 g fat; 25.7 g carbohydrates; 8.4 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 113 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I used almond milk and added a pkg of truvia for a little extra sweetness. Since this was my breakfast, I also added protein powder. This is a very good recipe which can easily be adjusted for p...
I used half chocolate cashew milk and half regular, added a little stevia, and skipped the whipped cream because I don't do dairy - tasted awesome!
Really liked how this came out. Added 2 tablespoons of matcha instead, also added a small bit of sweetener. Overall, great recipe.