Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 45 m servings 1316
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- About 30 minutes before smoking, make the dry rub. Combine all rub ingredients in a coffee grinder; grind until smooth. Generously coat both sides of ribs with rub. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill for indirect cooking at 275 degrees F. Add drained wood chips, if using.
- Place the ribs, meaty side up, over a drip pan and cook for 2 hours. Add about 12 coals to a charcoal grill every 45 minutes or so to maintain the heat.
- Remove ribs from grill. Double-wrap each rack in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Return wrapped ribs to the grill and cook for 2 hours more over indirect heat, until very tender. Add more coals as needed to maintain temperature for a charcoal grill.
- Remove ribs from grill and unwrap. Place ribs over direct heat on grill and brush with barbecue sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce is set. Turn ribs and repeat with more sauce.
- Serve ribs with remaining barbecue sauce.
You might also like
- Recipe by BBQ Pit Master, Tuffy Stone.
Per Serving: 1316 calories; 84.6 76.1 59.3 279 13698 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I had some help from my hubby with this one; as I am not usually the one that does the outdoors cooking. These were delicious. The rub had a wonderful flavor that was not too overpowering and th...