Virginia Barbecued Spareribs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A sweet and spicy rub and zesty barbecue sauce bring delicious flavor to these tender, Virginia-style spareribs."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 40 m servings 2712
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- About one hour before smoking, make the dry rub. Combine salt, sugars, black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder and cayenne in small bowl; mix well. Generously coat both sides of ribs with rub. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Whisk together all ingredients in bowl.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill for indirect cooking at 250 degrees F.
- Place the ribs, meaty side up, over a drip pan and cook for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours until very tender, basting with barbecue sauce every hour. Add about 12 coals to a charcoal grill every 45 minutes or so to maintain the heat.
- Serve ribs with remaining barbecue sauce.
You might also like
- Recipe by BBQ Pit Master, Tuffy Stone.
Per Serving: 2712 calories; 215.5 35.1 148.3 736 13263 Full nutrition