Ingredients5 h servings 3411
- About 30 minutes before smoking, make the dry rub. Combine all rub ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Generously coat both sides of ribs with rub. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Whisk together all ingredients in large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill for indirect cooking at 275 degrees F. Add drained wood chips, if using.
- Place the ribs, meaty side up, over a drip pan and cook for 2 hours, spraying with apple juice every 30 minutes. Add about 12 coals to a charcoal grill every 45 minutes or so to maintain the heat.
- Remove ribs from grill. Place each rack on double stack of large aluminum foil. Drizzle maple syrup and butter on each rack; sprinkle with brown sugar and spray with apple juice; wrap each rack tightly with foil.
- Return wrapped ribs to the grill and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours more over indirect heat, until very tender. Add more coals as needed to maintain temperature for a charcoal grill.
- Remove ribs from grill and unwrap. Place ribs over direct heat on grill and brush with barbecue sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the sauce is set. Turn ribs and repeat with more sauce.
- Serve ribs with remaining barbecue sauce.
- Recipe by BBQ Pit Master, Tuffy Stone.
Per Serving: 3411 calories; 238.9 164.4 151.2 797 10375 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This recipe is delicious!!! My family said these were the best ribs ever!!! Better than the ones we have had in fancy restaurants!!!... I don't have a smoker at home but I love the smoke flavor ...
I pressure cooked the raw ribs for 20 mins, took them out places them in a pan and added the dry rub and let that marinate the meat while I prepared the glaze. Dipped each rib in the glaze and s...
One of the best rib recipes that I've ever made, however it is way too salty. I recommend cutting the salt on the rub in half. Otherwise very good. The sauce is excellent as written. Th...