Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 40 m servings 2670
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- About one hour before smoking, make the dry rub. Combine sugar, salt, white pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, lemon peel and apple pie spice in small bowl; mix well. Coat both sides of ribs with a little vegetable oil and sprinkle with lemon pepper rub. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill for indirect cooking at 230 to 250 degrees F. Add drained wood chips, if using.
- Place the ribs, meaty side down, over a drip pan and cook for 2 hours. If desired, spray both sides of ribs with apple juice. Add about 12 coals to a charcoal grill every 45 minutes or so to maintain the heat.
- Remove ribs from grill. Double-wrap each rack in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Return wrapped ribs to the grill and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours more over indirect heat, until very tender. Add more coals as needed to maintain temperature for a charcoal grill.
- Recipe by BBQ Pit Master, Moe Cason.
Per Serving: 2670 calories; 218 19.6 147.1 736 3327 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
The best lemon pepper ribs I've tasted! These ribs are perfect for those that are looking for a rib recipe that doesn't have sauce slathered all over them. I used soaked apple wood chips for the...