Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 40 m servings 2869
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- About one hour before smoking, coat both sides of ribs with a little vegetable oil and sprinkle with Chinese 5 spice. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill for indirect cooking at 230 to 250 degrees F. Add drained wood chips, if using.
- Place the ribs, meaty side down, over a drip pan and cook for 2 hours. Add about 12 coals to a charcoal grill every 45 minutes or so to maintain the heat.
- Remove ribs from grill. Double-wrap each rack in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Return wrapped ribs to the grill and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours more over indirect heat, until very tender. Add more coals as needed to maintain temperature for a charcoal grill.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove ribs from grill and unwrap. Place ribs over direct heat on grill and brush with honey red pepper glaze. Cook for about 5 minutes until the glaze is set. Turn ribs and repeat with more glaze.
You might also like
- Recipe by BBQ Pit Master, Moe Cason.
Per Serving: 2869 calories; 218.7 71.4 148.8 736 1755 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1