Sticky Molasses Spareribs
made it | 0 reviews |
"Make these delicious sticky honey-molasses spareribs as spicy as you like with more cayenne pepper in the dry rub."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 10 m servings 2932 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- About one hour before smoking, make the dry rub. Combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Pat ribs dry with paper towels; generously coat both sides of ribs with rub. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill for indirect cooking at 250 to 300 degrees F. Add drained wood chips, if using.
- Place the ribs, meaty side up, over a drip pan and cook for 2 hours. Add about 12 coals to a charcoal grill every 45 minutes or so to maintain the heat.
- Continue cooking ribs for 1 to 2 hours more over indirect heat, until very tender, spraying with apple juice every 20 to 30 minutes. Add more coals as needed to maintain temperature for a charcoal grill.
- Place ribs over direct heat on grill and brush with sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce is set. Turn ribs and repeat with more sauce.
- Serve ribs with remaining sauce.
- Serving Suggestions: If you like things with a kick, add a little cayenne to the rub mixture for these finger-lickin' ribs. On the side, go with potato salad, sliced watermelon and plenty of napkins.
- Recipe by BBQ Pit Master, Moe Cason.
Per Serving: 2932 calories; 220.2 g fat; 90.8 g carbohydrates; 141.8 g protein; 727 mg cholesterol; 1934 mg sodium. Full nutrition