Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 40 m servings 2897
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- About one hour before smoking, make the dry rub. Combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Pat ribs dry with paper towels; generously coat both sides of ribs with rub. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine all ingredients except cherry preserves in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in preserves. Set aside to cool.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill for indirect cooking at 250 to 300 degrees F. Add drained wood chips, if using.
- Place the ribs, meaty side down, over a drip pan and cook for 2 hours spraying both sides of ribs with apple juice every 20 to 30 minutes. Add about 12 coals to a charcoal grill every 45 minutes or so to maintain the heat.
- Remove ribs from grill. Double-wrap each rack in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Return wrapped ribs to the grill and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours more over indirect heat, until very tender. Add more coals as needed to maintain temperature for a charcoal grill.
- Remove ribs from grill and unwrap. Place ribs over direct heat on grill and brush with glaze. Cook for about 5 minutes until the glaze is set. Turn ribs and repeat with more glaze.
- Serve ribs with remaining glaze.
You might also like
- Serving Suggestions: Round out the menu with a crisp green salad with ranch dressing and a pot of spicy Texas-style pinto beans.
- Recipe by BBQ Pit Master, Tuffy Stone.
Per Serving: 2897 calories; 215 85.4 148.8 736 3169 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1