Spring Vegetable Frittata for Mother
Ingredients50 m servings 315
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in heavy 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook leek with a pinch of salt, stirring occasionally, until leeks soften and start to turn translucent, 5 to 6 minutes. Add jalapeno and zucchini; season with pinch of salt. Cook until zucchini start to get tender and pale green, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus and cook until bright green, about 1 minute. Add spinach and another pinch of salt, cooking until wilted, 1 minute. Stir in cooked potatoes and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Crack 12 large eggs into a bowl. Add cayenne, salt, and pepper. Whisk for at least 30 seconds. Pour eggs into over vegetables in skillet over medium heat. Add 3 ounces of crumbled goat cheese; stir lightly until evenly distributed. Top with remaining cheese. Remove from heat.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs are set, 12 to 15 minutes. When nearly set, turn on broiler. Broil frittata until top browns, 1 to 2 minutes. Cool slightly; serve warm.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 315 calories; 18.7 19.2 18.3 389 765 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 20
Great recipe! Tasted amazing, great veggie combo. I did make a change to the cooking process, however, but only because I don't have a pan that can go in the oven. Instead, I sauteed the vege...
Great base recipe! a little bland the first few times I made it, but a great snack on the go and very healthy. If you want to spice it up a bit, I sauté an onion and mushroom to the dish. I swit...
First time making a frittata. Forgot asparagus at the store- added shitaki shrooms which filled it in nicely with a small yellow onion (omg yes!) and extra potatoes. Very very very good!! Added ...
Made it exactly as written and it was delicious! Will definitely make this again and is a great way to use the dozens of farm fresh eggs from our neighbor.
Chef John strikes again - simply awesome! Per video, set the oven temperature to 350, that's not in the recipe. Also the video suggests blending some pesto into mayo for a quick aioli style topp...
Made this for my vegetarian mom for Mother's Day. Super simple and smells delicious! I went a little heavier on the vegetables and skipped the potatoes, and I used a tomato basil feta. I will de...
This was awesome! Not a goat cheese fan so used a mixture of Parmesan Asiago and Mozzarella and everyone loved it! Adding to my favorites for sure.
I make this at least a couple of times a month (it feeds us for a couple more days) & every time I have company stay over.