Paleo Sunflower Banana Bread
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 148 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Mash bananas in a separate bowl; whisk in eggs. Stir coconut sugar and vanilla extract into banana mixture; stir into coconut flour mixture using a wooden spoon, folding until batter is combined. Spoon batter into the baking dish; top with sunflower seeds and extra coconut sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool bread in the refrigerator, about 20 minutes. Store in refrigerator.
- Cook's Notes:
- Keep this in fridge because this is a paleo recipe, it can easily spoil.
- It's best to use bananas that are in between yellow/brown.
Per Serving: 148 calories; 7 g fat; 16.5 g carbohydrates; 6.5 g protein; 140 mg cholesterol; 346 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this with some slight variations. It came out really moist and very tasty. You can't even tell its gluten free. I added 4 bananas instead of 3. I also added some coconut oil to the mix. I...
Dense and super moist, more like a heavy cake. Great taste. I'll make this again.
This recipe was nicely tasty. The texture was slightly spongy, making it seem more like a cake than a bread. Also, the coconut flour produces a sort of chewy coconut texture. The finished produc...
This came out very dense and somewhat spongy. I did not think it was all that sweet, but that may have been that my bananas were not as ripe as I would have liked. However, my husband loved it ...