Spring Pea Green Curry with Black Cod and Strawberry
Ingredients40 m servings 361
- Cook and stir onion, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over medium heat until onion is translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in green curry paste; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Watch Now
- Pour chicken broth into curry-onion mixture; bring to a boil and add peas. Cover the pot with a lid and cook until peas are just tender, about 2 minutes. Watch Now
- Pour peas mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Pour pureed pea mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into the same saucepan; set over low heat. Stir in fish sauce and lime juice; season with green curry paste and salt to taste. Watch Now
- Season black cod pieces all over with salt. Watch Now
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place cod, skin-side down, in hot oil and cook, turning once, until fish flakes easily with a fork, 4 to 6 minutes. Watch Now
- Ladle green curry sauce into 4 bowls. Place 2 pieces of cod, skin-side up, in sauce and garnish with strawberries and mint. Watch Now
Per Serving: 361 calories; 28.7 18.7 23.4 59 1719 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I am a huge fan of chef John and love everything that he cooks. Since he raved about this, and because I love curry I had very high expectations. But, I found the snap peas didn't meld well wi...
We liked this a lot. We didn't bother to strain the sauce. It was fine, maybe because the blender we used was fancy. It had texture, but wasn't fibrous. We didn't have strawberries, but the mint...
Holy YUMMMMM!!! This was amazing. So I'll be that typical annoying post that says everything I changed, but honestly it is not intentional it's just what I had on hand. 1) My grocery store only ...