Spring Pea Green Curry with Black Cod and Strawberry
Ingredients40 m servings 352 cals
- Cook and stir onion, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over medium heat until onion is translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in green curry paste; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into curry-onion mixture; bring to a boil and add peas. Cover the pot with a lid and cook until peas are just tender, about 2 minutes.
- Pour peas mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Pour pureed pea mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into the same saucepan; set over low heat. Stir in fish sauce and lime juice; season with green curry paste and salt to taste.
- Season black cod pieces all over with salt.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place cod, skin-side down, in hot oil and cook, turning once, until fish flakes easily with a fork, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Ladle green curry sauce into 4 bowls. Place 2 pieces of cod, skin-side up, in sauce and garnish with strawberries and mint.
Per Serving: 352 calories; 28.4 g fat; 18.1 g carbohydrates; 22.8 g protein; 56 mg cholesterol; 1137 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I am a huge fan of chef John and love everything that he cooks. Since he raved about this, and because I love curry I had very high expectations. But, I found the snap peas didn't meld well wi...
Holy YUMMMMM!!! This was amazing. So I'll be that typical annoying post that says everything I changed, but honestly it is not intentional it's just what I had on hand. 1) My grocery store only ...