Ingredients1 h servings 182 cals
- Pierce skin of sweet potatoes in several spots with a fork.
- Cook sweet potatoes in microwave oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Refrigerate sweet potatoes until cooled completely, at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into cubes; spread into prepared baking dish.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and ginger together in a glass measuring cup; pour orange juice into the cup while stirring with a whisk.
- Heat orange juice mixture in microwave oven for 1 minute, stir, and continue to heat until thickened and smooth, 30 to 60 seconds more; add butter and stir until melted. Pour the liquid over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven until sweet potatoes are heated through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Make-ahead tip: Several hours before dinner, cook, peel, and cube sweet potatoes. Measure sauce ingredients. Cook sauce 30 minutes prior to serving; pour over sweet potatoes. Bake in oven.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 4.5 g fat; 34 g carbohydrates; 2.4 g protein; 11 mg cholesterol; 254 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was the star dish of our BBQ dinner. I adjusted it to make it healthier: substituted organic sucanat (dried sugar cane juice) for white sugar, substituted arrow root for cornstarch, used se...
I used to micro-bake and mash my sweet potatoes with orange marmalade. Now that I found this recipe it’s my new go to whenever I make sweet potatoes. I even added some grated fresh ginger. Yum!