Ingredients1 h servings 182
- Pierce skin of sweet potatoes in several spots with a fork.
- Cook sweet potatoes in microwave oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Refrigerate sweet potatoes until cooled completely, at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into cubes; spread into prepared baking dish.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and ginger together in a glass measuring cup; pour orange juice into the cup while stirring with a whisk.
- Heat orange juice mixture in microwave oven for 1 minute, stir, and continue to heat until thickened and smooth, 30 to 60 seconds more; add butter and stir until melted. Pour the liquid over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven until sweet potatoes are heated through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Make-ahead tip: Several hours before dinner, cook, peel, and cube sweet potatoes. Measure sauce ingredients. Cook sauce 30 minutes prior to serving; pour over sweet potatoes. Bake in oven.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 4.5 34 2.4 11 254 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was the star dish of our BBQ dinner. I adjusted it to make it healthier: substituted organic sucanat (dried sugar cane juice) for white sugar, substituted arrow root for cornstarch, used se...
Really enjoyed not having the "bite of lemon", but may have used too much ginger.
I used to micro-bake and mash my sweet potatoes with orange marmalade. Now that I found this recipe it’s my new go to whenever I make sweet potatoes. I even added some grated fresh ginger. Yum!