Ingredients50 m servings 402
- Place 2 cups flour in a bowl. Cut butter and cream cheese into flour using a knife or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gently mix water into flour mixture until dough forms into a ball.
- Mix apples and cranberries with brown sugar, white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl until coated.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Roll dough onto a lightly floured work surface, forming about an 11-inch circle. Transfer dough to the prepared baking sheet. Arrange apple-cranberry mixture decoratively on the dough, leaving a 2-inch rim of exposed dough. Sprinkle walnuts over apple-cranberry mixture. Fold exposed crust up and over the edge of the fruit.
- Brush egg over the crust and around the edge of the tart; sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is browned and filling is tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Cutting the butter and cream cheese into the flour can also be done in a food processor: pulse the cold butter into the flour until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Add the cream cheese and pulse until it's the size of small peas.
Per Serving: 402 calories; 20.8 49.5 6.4 70 137 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This one is a keeper! I made it exactly as written, and the flavors were perfect! I did bake it a bit longer, more like 45 minutes, until the crust was nicely browned. Served this warm with a sc...
I had homemade pie dough in the freezer so I used that instead of making the cream cheese pastry in this recipe. Red delicious apples cooked down and paired with the cranberries to have a nice s...
Every year we look for something special to made for the holidays.Made this with my daughters today. It came out perfectly, even the crust. I also found that it needed about 45 minutes to bake ....