Paul Newman Crab Salad
Ingredients20 m servings 370
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Put frozen peas into a large colander. Drain rotini over the peas. Fill the now-empty pot with cold water. Plunge pasta and peas into the cold water to chill completely; drain.
- Mix imitation crabmeat, Swiss cheese, and parmesan cheese in a large bowl; add pasta mixture and toss to mix. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to lightly coat.
- Cook's Notes:
- As with any salad, the ingredients can be varied to taste, though the Swiss cheese is surprisingly good with this salad.
- If you have leftovers, you may need to add more dressing because it soaks into the pasta and leftovers become a bit dry.
Per Serving: 370 calories; 6.4 59.3 17.3 24 905 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I was looking for a non-mayo based pasta salad to bring to a 4th of July celebration, preferably one that contained imitation crabmeat (because I had some on hand and wanted to use it). I did an...
This is good on a hot day, but rather bland for us. I liked the oil & vinegar dressing, rather than mayo.