Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 20 m servings 434
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 pie)
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water in small bowl.
- Beat cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Mix Neufchatel cheese and green food coloring in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on low until smooth and even in color. Add gelatin mixture and continue mixing to incorporate. Reserve a pinch of lime zest for garnishing the fishing pie; beat lime zest and lime juice into the cheese mixture. Fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture using a spatula; spread into the prepared pie crust. Garnish with the reserved lime zest.
- Cover pie loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use either a graham cracker crust or a pastry shell, depending on preference.
- The filling will also fit in an 8-inch pie shell.
- Be certain the gelatin is fully dissolved before adding to cheese and be sure lime juice is fully incorporated before adding the whipped cream
- If you want a more delicate cheese flavor, try mascarpone.
- Can easily be made the day before. Cover more securely after 4 hours; but do not allow anything to touch the surface of the pie.
- For a more authentic key lime color, reduce the green and add some yellow food coloring.
Per Serving: 434 calories; 33.3 28.7 6.6 83 393 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2