Ingredients25 m servings 312
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat; cook and stir eggs until scrambled and set, about 5 minutes. Divide rice between 2 bowls and add eggs to rice.
- Grind Thai chile peppers and garlic together with a mortar and pestle or in a food processor.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat; cook and stir pepper-garlic mixture until fragrant and garlic is golden brown, about 1 minute. Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is about halfway-cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar into chicken; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 3 minutes more. Add basil and stir for 10 seconds. Remove skillet from heat and continue stirring mixture until basil is wilted; spoon over rice and egg.
- Cook's Note:
- If the sauce seems too thick in the pan, you can add a little water while cooking.
Per Serving: 312 calories; 6.7 38.6 22.6 218 1113 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I submitted the orginal recipe and it was changed slightly by the All Recipes staff. Everything is accurate, except that when we serve this we serve it with an over easy egg rather than scrambl...
Couldn't find either Thai peppers or Thai basil, so I used serrano peppers and regular basil. This was so full of flavor and so darn easy to make I simply couldn't believe it. I did use low-so...
Oh my gosh...so very good! I couldn't find Thai chile peppers so ended up using serrano peppers, but good all the same. The entire family loved this dish...so flavorful and delicious!
So much flavor! My fiancé and I really enjoyed it, nice healthier dinner, that didn't take to long to prepare. Will defiantly make it again!!
I love to cook but have always failed at Thai food. This was the first time I felt like I nailed it!
We just started growing Thai basil and needed a recipe to try it in. My husband went crazy for it and has decided that we need to put it in our favorite recipes file. The only change I made was ...