Barley Oat Pancakes
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 417
Original recipe yields 4 servings (20 small cakes)
- Mix oat flour, barley flour, wheat germ, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl; make a well in the center. Stir milk, eggs, banana, honey, oil, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Pour milk mixture into the well in the flour mixture and gently stir just until batter is moistened and slightly lumpy. Add more milk to thin the batter, if desired.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Drop a small amount of water on surface. If water bounces, the griddle is ready. Lightly grease the griddle by running a paper towel dabbed with oil around the bottom of the griddle.
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle forming 4- to 6-inch circles and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook's Note:
- You can refrigerate batter overnight for use the next morning, which will cause it to thicken. So add more milk, if desired.
- If you have a "keep warm" oven setting, place wire cooling racks in oven to store cakes on until ready to serve. Try to avoid stacking as steam causes floppy cakes.
Per Serving: 417 calories; 9.6 71.4 15 95 912 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1