Barley-Oat Chocolate Chip Bars
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 290 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix whole wheat flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, barley flour, oat bran, wheat bran, nonfat dry milk powder, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl. Add honey, water, olive oil, and vanilla extract to flour mixture and mix well; fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, and coconut.
- Place dough in the center of the prepared baking sheet and cover with waxed paper. Roll a rolling pin over dough to spread onto the entire baking sheet. Remove waxed paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 20 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and allow to cool slightly for 5 minutes. Slide parchment paper onto a work surface and cut into bars. Transfer bars to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cook's Note:
- If you can not find barley flour you can make your own by grinding pearled barley in a spice/coffee grinder.
- If you measure the honey in the same measuring cup as the oil it pours out much easier.
Per Serving: 290 calories; 13.8 g fat; 42.1 g carbohydrates; 5.3 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 91 mg sodium. Full nutrition