Vegan Key Lime Pie
"This is a recipe I've fine-tuned to my vegan mother's taste, which is quite the challenge considering her strict diet. So far, no one has noticed the avocados until I tell them, and the looks on their faces are priceless. It's entirely guilt-free, and an easy way to trick your carnivorous friends and family into eating healthy! Garnish pie with shredded coconut, if desired."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 15 m servings 415
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Blend almond flour, dates, 1 tablespoon agave, vanilla extract, salt, and nutmeg in a food processor until crust sticks together when pinched. Press crust evenly into the bottom of a springform pan.
- Process avocados, coconut oil, lime juice, and 1/4 cup agave nectar in a food processor until filling is very smooth; pour over the crust, smoothing with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Freeze pie until set, at least 4 hours. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Any nut can be substituted for the almond meal. Walnut and macadamia nut have worked well for me in the past.
- If your crust seems too crumbly, add a bit of water or more agave.
- Feel free to add more lime juice to the filling, as everyone's taste varies.
Per Serving: 415 calories; 32.5 35.6 3 0 155 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1