Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 346
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- Peel mango with a vegetable peeler or paring knife. Cut flesh into small pieces and squeeze pit for juice. Collect all juice from chopping and squeezing pit and reserve for glaze. Smash mango in a bowl using a potato masher or fork. Measure 1 cup smashed mango, reserving the rest for the glaze.
- Beat 1 cup smashed mango, cake mix, eggs, water, vegetable oil, and lime zest together in a bowl using an electric mixer for 2 minutes; pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 5 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine butter, lime juice, about 1 tablespoon reserved juice from mango, and rum together in a bowl. Stir confectioners' sugar into butter mixture until desired consistency is reached; fold smashed mango into glaze. Spoon glaze over cooled cake.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also puree mango in the blender or food processor.
Per Serving: 346 calories; 11.8 57 3.6 50 308 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Good tasting cake but I too had an issue with the mango juice. I had none, juice that is. So I wound up squeezing the juice of 1 lime, adding the melted butter and omitting the rum. I didn't mea...
Nice cake... a few issues. My mango didn't have any juice to separate for glaze, so I put it in a fine mesh strainer to get that. No big deal, but just be aware this might happen. Th big issue I...
I had gotten amazing mangoes from Costco that I used, they were obviously in season. The cake to me didn't seem to taste much different from a regular yellow cake besides being a little more de...