Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 483
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 serving)
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Once hot, lie the watermelon into the pan with the rind along the edge of the pan, leaving one half the the cooking surface free.
- Crack eggs into the free space in the skillet. Top the eggs with 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese. Cook until the egg white begins to solidify on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Begin folding the solid egg white over the translucent egg white. Continue cooking until the egg can be tilted with the edge of a spatula without the top part of it sliding away from the cooked egg white and is lightly crisped on the bottom, about 2 minutes more. Flip both the eggs and the watermelon pieces; sprinkle another 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese over the eggs and another 1/4 of the Parmesan over the watermelon pieces. Continue cooking until the egg whites are crisp on the underside, but the yolk remains soft when pressed lightly with the back of a spatula, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove eggs to a plate.
- Continue cooking watermelon until darkened on the underside, about 1 minute more. Flip watermelon pieces again, top with remaining Parmesan cheese, and remove to the plate with the eggs.
- Sear ham slices in any remaining liquid in the skillet just until lightly browned and heated through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to the plate next to the watermelon and eggs.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also use a thick slice of ham or a few slices of bacon, if you prefer.
- A nonstick pan is best, but it must be at least stainless steel. Do not use cast iron.
- The eggs or watermelon can be salted to taste, but the Parmesan usually lends enough salt to the eggs, in my opinion, and the pan-grilled watermelon stands on its own without salt. Have this on its own or with toast or cereal.
- The watermelon can be had with or without yolk; a bite of watermelon on a toast point with a drizzle of the parmesan egg yolk can be quite scrumptious.
- Can be separated into two smaller servings, especially if toast or another side is added.
Per Serving: 483 calories; 21.3 46.2 31.7 413 949 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I love it! Was playing the sims and wanted to look it up to see if it was real...you did a great job recreating it! Will have to give it a try :)