Whole Egg Sesame Mayonnaise
Clark in Texas
"Sesame whispers sweet-nothings in your ear with this light and tangy adaptation. This recipe avoids vegetable oil while incorporating the complete egg to deliver a healthy-choice alternative spread. Fresh mayo should be used within 2 weeks or less. Always serve chilled. Put on sandwiches, in a light crab salad, or use in deviled eggs with a spice injection. Use a pasteurized egg, if possible."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 m servings 191 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 cup mayonnaise)
- Blend egg, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt in a blender for 15 seconds. Remove the cover and slowly pour sesame oil into blender in a steady stream until mixture emulsifies and mayonnaise forms.
- Cook's Notes
- Consider adding a dash of onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper, or dill.
- Turn into a dressing with more herbs, cayenne, or your favorite hot sauce.
- Olive oil is not recommended - even extra virgin, or extra-extra-really virgin. Mild sesame flavor should be detectable.
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 191 calories; 21.2 g fat; 0.2 g carbohydrates; 0.9 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 106 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1