Ingredients9 h 30 m servings 177
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Place bread slices in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Whisk milk, egg substitute, and chives together in a bowl; pour over bread slices into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle bacon crumbles over the top. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove and discard plastic wrap from baking dish; let dish come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake casserole in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over the top and continue baking until cheese is melted and casserole is set, about 5 minutes more.
Per Serving: 177 calories; 8.3 12 13.1 21 330 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Eggs, cheese, bacon. How can you go wrong with these ingredients? I'm nicknaming this cheaters quiche Lorraine. I used French bread, chopped sweet onions, and added Rosemary at the end. I also d...
I used green onions instead of chives and added salt and pepper. This was a very good cheesy meal! Would make again and I love that it only makes a small casserole size!
This an amended recipe based upon one from the ‘70’s. Unless you’re on a restricted diet, I see no reason to not use a full egg for fluff and richness. I usually use sourdough bread for this R...
I have a bit of a cholesterol problem, so using egg-beaters (real egg whites with beta carotene for color) is great! They cut calories as well. This great recipe is awesome to prepare ahead, s...
I think this is a great guideline for a simple breakfast casserole, but it needs a little creativity. Maybe use swiss, pepper jack or montery jack cheese(Maybe along with a little salsa for a Me...
I used real eggs...and 2% milk,and for the bacon. I use the lg bags of bacon crumbles now in the store. Fry it up for a few minutes..drain on paper towel. Used extra cheese..
And yes, I added Onion & Garlic Powder to 6 eggs instead of the original stuff. I used thinly cut Green Onions, too. Dash of salt & pepper. I did not have sliced Sourdough so I used Sourdough B...