Steak 'n' Fries Salad
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 621
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Rub sirloin steaks with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Let the steaks warm at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread French fries onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake French fries in the preheated oven until slightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- While the fries bake, cook steaks on preheated grill until beginning to firm and are hot and slightly pink in the center, 6 to 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Remove steaks to a cutting board.
- Mix romaine lettuce, cucumber, and egg together in a salad bowl. Pile French fries atop the salad mixture.
- Cut steaks into bite-size pieces and arrange atop the French fries. Sprinkle croutons and mozzarella cheese over the entire salad.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Tuna steaks or chicken can be used in lieu of steak.
Per Serving: 621 calories; 30.1 42.7 45 198 765 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I already know how delicious this is because I live in Pittsburgh, and this is pretty much exactly how we always eat out steak/chicken salads (minus the croutons, which I omitted b/c hubby doesn...