Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 131
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine water and pinto beans in a saucepan; bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Cover saucepan and remove from heat; let sit, at least 1 hour. Bring water back to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until beans are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Mix onions, red wine, sesame seeds, and garlic in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until wine has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Blend bean-water mixture in a blender until smooth; add onion mixture and blend until smooth.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Additional water may be added while blending to get a smooth consistency for hummus.
- If this is your meal, this serves a few. But if this is an appetizer, more servings can be had.
Per Serving: 131 calories; 2.6 18.6 6.2 0 7 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
If you're looking for an alternative to the traditional garbanzo bean hummus look no further. I could eat this with a spoon. The wine is the perfect complement for this hummus. The only problem ...