Ingredients30 m servings 296 cals
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Stir water and 2 tablespoons sea salt together in a bowl until salt is dissolved. Place potato slices in water.
- Transfer 2 handfuls of potatoes using tongs from water to hot oil, cover the pot or fryer, and cook in hot oil until chips are crispy and light brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Place chips in a large bowl and sprinkle remaining salt and pepper over the top; toss to coat.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of water and salt. The actual amount of water and salt consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 16.8 g fat; 34.3 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 5298 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Delicious! I would suggest drying the potatoes before putting them into the hot oil or it will cause the oil to violently splatter and can cause injury or a fire. Other than that, these were ver...
Even for a starter like me, this recipe was easy. The only problem was the time for the potatoes to be immersed in water (with salt solution) was not mentioned. I soaked it for more than 10mins ...