Healthy Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
Ingredients15 m servings 295 cals
- Blend blueberries, yogurt, orange juice, sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together in a blender on low speed for 30 seconds; increase speed to high and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add ice and blend on high until smooth, about 1 minute more.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you want it less thick, add less ice. If you want it less cold, add less ice.
- I do not recommend using regular yogurt, because it will make the smoothie super watery.
- If you want it sweeter, try adding more orange juice first. If that doesn't do it, add another tablespoon of sugar or sweetener.
- If you don't like vanilla, don't add it!
Per Serving: 295 calories; 10.6 g fat; 44.9 g carbohydrates; 7.5 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 69 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 32
I really enjoyed this smoothie, and made it 3 mornings in a row to use up my blueberries. I think you could easily use frozen blueberries and skip the ice. I used Oikos nonfat Greek yogurt. For...
Forget the breakfast part, I’m going to be drinking this morning, noon and night. This was excellent. The only change I made was to eliminate the sugar and use honey instead, and use two ice c...
This is the first recipe that I have made from the site where I did make substitutions. But this is really one of those recipes that you can play around with. I used frozen blueberries (I didn't...
Orange juice is high in sugar, then you add more sugar. Healthy? No. I added natural honey and used vanilla greek yogart, eliminating the orange juice, vanilla and sugar. Want the orange flavo...
That was out of this world!!! Definitely the best smoothie I've ever tasted. I didn't happen to have any Greek yogurt so I substituted it for plain and added an extra tablespoon of sugar. Best t...
Add more orange juice than the recipe says, it was too thick and needed a little more sweetness. I doubled the recipe to make it for 2 & substituted 1 cup of strawberries in for 1 of the cups o...
The orange juice makes it a bit tart. At first I tried to omit the sugar because I am trying to do clean eating. I did have to add the sugar. You might get away with no sugar by substituting ...