Best Hot Sauce
Ingredients30 m servings 14
- Place peppers, onion, dates, basil, parsley, tomato, bouillon powder, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor; pour in the oil. Pulse mixture until finely chopped, adding more oil if needed to thin; season with salt.
- Pour pepper mixture into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Squeeze lemon juice into pepper mixture, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow pepper mixture to cool; pour into a glass jar with a lid. Store pepper sauce in the refrigerator.
- Cook's Notes:
- I suggest you use the measurements in this recipe as a starting point, and adjust any of the ingredients to your taste. It really does all depend on how you like it. Don't feel tied to these measures; feel free to make it your own.
- I usually leave tomato out altogether, adding a splash of lemon juice instead. I like the sauce to be more concentrated, but if you like a sauce with a little less heat, then you can add tomatoes to taste.
- Sauce will keep longest in the refrigerator if fully covered in oil.
Per Serving: 14 calories; 1.1 1 0.2 < 1 29 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
My goodness this stuff is good and addictive. I had fragments of each of these ingredients hanging around so I whipped up a mini portion to put them to use. I did use my own measurements as writ...
I know the recipe says beef bouillon, but I actually use chicken. You can use any type of bouillon you like.
Delicious way to use end of season over abundance of habaneros and santa fe peppers. No dates but dried cranberries as substitute did great. Keeping it fresh too. Tasted so good I thought co...
Excellent! Didn't have dates so used prunes instead and came out great.
Yes I will make it again /substituted a fourth of a teaspoon lemon pepper and two tbls of white vinegar instead of lemon juice. I used pitted plumbs instead of dates and used half the amount of ...
Great recipe Shiloh, thanks for posting. As you suggested this is a fun recipe to experiment with. Each time I make it I change the ingredients a bit but never stray too far from the basic hot/s...
This was very tasty!! For me, as-is needed a few things. And its Feb so peppers are obviously not in season. Im sure with peppers straight out of my garden it'd be better. For me it needed vin...
It was AMAZING. I doubled the recipe, used Santa Fe Grande peppers instead of chili peppers because I'm a wimp, and threw in a couple extra dates and an extra garlic clove or two. Used Minors Be...