Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 297 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch cake pan)
- Bring milk to a simmer in a saucepan; add vanilla bean and stir. Mix rice and white sugar into simmering milk; add lemon peel. Bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring constantly, until rice is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer saucepan to the refrigerator and chill, at least 30 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks and orange liqueur together in a bowl. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until foamy. Continue to beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form sharp peaks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease or line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Remove vanilla bean and lemon peel from rice. Stir raisins and orange zest into rice; add egg yolk mixture and stir. Softly fold egg whites into rice mixture. Slowly pour rice mixture into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 1 hour. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over rice cake.
Per Serving: 297 calories; 4.9 g fat; 52.5 g carbohydrates; 9.3 g protein; 89 mg cholesterol; 88 mg sodium. Full nutrition