Quinoa Chili Bake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I am trying to lose weight and start a healthier lifestyle, but honestly don't like health food; I like comfort foods. So, the goal here was to develop a comfort food using quinoa and a few simple ingredients for a quick dinner that has more nutrients than the average mac-n-cheese. I'm happy with my results on this one. It may not be the creme de la creme of yummy health foods, but it is easy. And when I say easy, I mean it. As a career woman with a hungry husband, I need to keep things as basic and quick as possible, while catering to a picky husband-kid. Cut with spatula and serve in squares. Enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 554
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add past and olive oil and cook at a boil, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 6 to 9 minutes; drain.
- Return pasta to the pot; add chili and tomato sauce and stir. Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish; top with layers of mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese, respectively.
- Cook in preheated oven until cheese is completely melted, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can vary which type of tomato sauce and chili you use to get a more spicy flavor, or to create a vegetarian version.
- Terrific served with cornbread!
Per Serving: 554 calories; 24.2 58.7 26.6 66 1140 Full nutrition