Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 262 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot butter until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir potatoes, chicken stock, and milk with the onion mixture; season with salt and pepper. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer until potatoes are tender and falling apart, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Mash potatoes lightly to help thicken the soup, while keeping some chunks in the soup. Remove pot from heat and stir cheese into the soup to melt.
- Cook's Notes:
- Water can be used in place of chicken stock, if needed.
- Either queso fresco or mozzarella cheese can replace the Muenster cheese in this recipe.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 14.7 g fat; 25.5 g carbohydrates; 8.3 g protein; 42 mg cholesterol; 678 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I think it was a really good soup. I thought that it was very flavorful and I enjoyed it. I think that I would make this again.