Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 262
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot butter until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir potatoes, chicken stock, and milk with the onion mixture; season with salt and pepper. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer until potatoes are tender and falling apart, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Mash potatoes lightly to help thicken the soup, while keeping some chunks in the soup. Remove pot from heat and stir cheese into the soup to melt.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Water can be used in place of chicken stock, if needed.
- Either queso fresco or mozzarella cheese can replace the Muenster cheese in this recipe.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 14.7 25.5 8.3 42 678 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Amazing tastes delicious! I used an entire small onion though.
I think it was a really good soup. I thought that it was very flavorful and I enjoyed it. I think that I would make this again.