Creamy Quinoa Risotto
Ingredients50 m servings 324
- Rinse quinoa twice and drain well.
- Pour chicken broth into a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Melt butter in a separate saucepan over medium-high heat; saute onion and garlic until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir quinoa into onion mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until quinoa is toasted and coated in oil, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly pour wine over quinoa mixture; cook and stir until wine is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Ladle 1/2 cup chicken broth over quinoa mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes. Continue ladling broth, 1/2 cup at a time, over quinoa mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until quinoa is tender and has burst, about 20 minutes. You may not use all the chicken broth.
- Mix Parmesan cheese and cream into quinoa mixture; season with marjoram, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add a splash of chicken broth to make quinoa more creamy, if desired.
- Cook's Note:
- This needs to be stirred frequently like traditional risotto, but quinoa risotto has a much lower risk of burning! I recommend using a non-stick saucepan in any case.
- Lastly, this recipe makes delicious leftovers; just add a little chicken broth, stir, and microwave!
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of chicken broth. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 324 calories; 15.5 30.8 10.3 37 199 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is time consuming like all risotto, but is well worth it. I wouldn't change a thing.
Excellent! I wasn’t sure but in the end.... very happy with the result.
This is a very good recipe. I had to adapt it due to guests food restrictions and it was still wonderful. I couldn't use onions so I used three cloves of garlic. I also tossed in a handful of sp...