Ingredients25 m servings 207
- Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Move oven rack to position slightly above middle of oven. Generously grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Mix cornmeal, bread crumbs, salt, paprika, dill, and black pepper together in a shallow bowl. Pour milk into a separate bowl.
- Dip orange roughy pieces into milk and then press into bread crumbs to coat on all sides. Gently toss between your hands so any bread crumbs that haven't stuck can fall away. Place breaded orange roughy into prepared baking dish in a single layer while breading the rest. Drizzle butter over the breaded fish pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven until fish flakes easily with fork, about 10 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
- Cook's Note:
- Margarine works just as well as butter in this recipe.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 10 6.8 21.4 95 299 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
I agree with the other reviewer and there needs to be more breading. I DID use a whole pound and think it needs tripled. Other than that, this is perfect for a healthier alternative.
Being home as part of the Covid 19 shutdown, I made this during the week and found it to be quite good. I didn't have Italian bread crumbs so I used Garlic and Herb instead and it turned out to ...
It was simple to do. I adjusted tastes of seasoning .... I had to use more of each. It is delicious!! We will definitely use this recipe again.
Best ever - No leftovers. Yes - Use the cornmeal. I will do this again.
Very delicious! If you make sure to spray or drizzle butter on it before cooking, it wont be dry!
Very tasty. Made as recipe is written but next time I will use very little or no butter and bake on a foil lined sheet pan. The butter prevented the breading from crisping up... still very tas...