Rice Flour Pancakes SacchiMoto-Style
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is my version of rice cakes. They have a wonderful hint of coconut after each bite. Serve these with a dollop of sour cream and drizzle lightly with some molasses or honey for a great morning get you going item or as a side dish with your favorite pork roast. Please enjoy and feel free to leave a comment letting me know whether or not this is a keeper for you."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 717
Original recipe yields 2 servings (6 rice flour pancakes)
- Beat eggs, coconut milk, 1 1/2 coconut oil, baking powder, and sea salt together in a bowl until smooth. Gradually stir rice flour into the egg mixture until completely incorporated into a batter.
- Refrigerate batter for at least 1 hour.
- Melt enough coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat to coat cooking surface completely. Spoon batter into hot skillet to make 4-inch rounds. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on the top, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip cakes and continue cooking until golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Remember, rice flour does not absorb liquid the way a gluten grain does. Due to this, you must let the batter sit for at least 1 hour.
- Depending on the fineness of the rice flour you use, there may be a slight cornbread like texture to your final product.
Per Serving: 717 calories; 44.2 68.2 15.8 279 1287 Full nutrition