Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 200
Original recipe yields 4 servings (8 patties)
- Combine cauliflower, pumpkin puree, garlic, parsley, basil, pumpkin pie spice, black pepper, and pink salt in a large pot; add enough water to almost cover cauliflower. Cover pot and bring liquid to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Mash mixture with a potato masher and continue heating until most of liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir rice flour into mixture, adding more if needed to thicken mixture.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Form cauliflower mixture into patties and carefully place in hot avocado oil; fry until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve patties topped with beet slices.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can used pickled or raw beets. Fresh pumpkin (15 ounces) can be used in place of the canned.
- Dried parsley (1 tablespoon) can be used in place of fresh. Dried basil (1 teaspoon) can be used in place of fresh.
- All-purpose flour can be used in place of rice flour.
- Make them crunchy by coating the outside of patty with crushed nuts or another breading, then fry in frying pan. Or make them sweeter by adding shredded carrots or raisins to pot!
Per Serving: 200 calories; 8.2 29.7 6.9 0 657 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1