Fried Havarti Cheese Bites
"I made this up the other day when I had some hot oil ready to go. Who can argue with fried cheese, and Havarti is my favorite! Let me know your variations on it! Sauces can vary from horseradish based (with ketchup and mayo) to mustard sauces, or really anything you like. Truly, these are divine all by themselves!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 190 cals
Original recipe yields 15 servings
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 300 degrees F (168 degrees C).
- Beat water, flour, Cajun seasoning, Italian Seasoning, cayenne pepper, and salt with a whisk in a large bowl until smooth. If batter is too thick, thin with up to 1/4 cup water.
- Grind French-fried onions and panko crumbs in a food processor until fine; transfer to a bowl.
- Stir about half the cubed cheese into the batter to coat; remove with a slotted spoon to the breading, and toss to coat.
- Carefully add a coated cheese cubes to the hot oil in small batches, and fry until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer fried cheese cubes to a paper towel-covered dish. Reheat oil to 300 degrees F (168 degrees C) and repeat process with remaining cheese cubes.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 190 calories; 15.7 g fat; 9.1 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 19 mg cholesterol; 331 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I had some Colby jack on hand and made this. I used most of the same ingredients and tweaked it with some old bay. My husband loved it and ate them up really quick!