Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 250
Original recipe yields 10 servings (20 straws)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Process Cheddar cheese, flour, butter, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, and salt in a food processor until large crumbs form; transfer to a bowl. Stir milk into the cheese mixture until it forms a ball of dough.
- Roll dough out onto a lightly floured work surface to about 1/8-inch thick. Use a pizza cutter or thin knife to trim the edges of the dough to leave a large square with sides measuring 7 to 8 inches. Cut dough into 1/3-inch strips and arrange onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until puffy, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over the warm cheese straws.
- Cook's Notes:
- It's fun to try to twist them once or twice, but not necessary.
- It's fun to try to twist the strips once or twice before baking, but not necessary.
- Don't let them get brown while baking, or they'll dry out.
Per Serving: 250 calories; 20.5 10 6.9 57 309 Full nutrition